Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Initials

ere are some initials I have been rendering slowly off-and-on for the past three or four years. They are drawn on paper - about 2 inches square each. They are definitely inspired by other initials, but basically I just wanted to make my own set for a comic I was doing at the time and not just grab some uncopyrighted decorative alphabet from online or one of my books. Instead I just looked at ones I liked (and ones I didn't like), sat down with a grid and just started sketching in my own style without having any source material close by to tempt me. My style is pretty informed by decorative arts, so it's no small wonder that these look like I copied them even though they are original. What will I use them for? Wait and see...


Images c. 2009 Chad Verrill

No comments:

Post a Comment